Open Access Petition Says: Please Come To City Council Mtg July 5!
From the OpenAccessPettion.org website:
We need YOU to come to the City Council meeting on Tuesday, July 5 at 7pm. We need City Council to understand this issue won’t just go away. City Council meets at the City Hall (on Oak Street behind the Library) in the Council Chambers.
Need a ride?
We can help, call 573.840-0525.
Want to Volunteer?
We need help, call 573.738-0055
What Else Can You Do:
– Post on facebook & tweet that you are coming to the meeting and invite other locals to do so
– Call friends and ask them to join you at the council meeting
– Are you part of a group? Contact them and ask them to join us
– Contact the Chamber of Commerce (785-7761)
– Contact the DAR (785-1414) or email@example.com and ask them to write about this
– Contact KFVS-TV and ask them cover it 800-455-kfvs or firstname.lastname@example.org
– COME TO THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING, Tuesday, July 5, 7pm
Talking Points When Contacting The Media:
– This is about Choice & Competition on the City Cable Network – You don’t need to mention “Open Access”
– City Council has been asked by hundreds of signatures to put a question on the upcoming ballot
– All we want is a vote!!!! This is America! Let the people decide.
– 700 Butler County voters signed the petition to put a question on the ballot
– 325 were PB voters – more than enough signatures as required by our State’s constitution, Article III.
– City Council will not even put this on their City Council Agenda because they don’t want to address it
– Send them to OpenAccessPetition.org
This is why we need you there:
– City Council is ignoring this — hoping WE will go away
– With enough support, they can’t ignore US any longer
The Open Access Petition group
We all lead busy lives, but PLEASE come on Tuesday, July 5, 7pm and take a stand for Choice & Competition in our community.